Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's the *Greatest* and *Busiest* Time of Year...

Which explains the lack of posts around here! 
So, what things have I been up to? 
Well, here are a few...

(Did I seriously just make all that rhyme?
That was totally un NOT intentional! lol)

#1
Watching Christmas movies.

This was the most recent:


 

You gotta love these 'wise guys'!


#2
Drinking hot chocolate.

But I have such a hard time choosing which brand of instant cocoa is better! 

OR

I just can't decide!


#3
Reading the TRUE Christmas story
. . . and singing Christmas songs!

Luke 2 and Matthew 1 are read and re-read quite often during this time of year. :)
And some of my favorite Christmas songs include:
  • What Child is This?
  • O Come, O Come Emmanuel
  • Silent Night
  • O Holy Night
  • Away in a Manger
    And many more! ;-)


#4
Last-minute prep for our church's outdoor drama performance!
.
For the past three years our family has participated in our church's annual Christmas drama on the life of Jesus Christ. However, this year we didn't sign up because we knew we wouldn't be able to fully commit with Dad's health issues. That is, until we found out last Saturday that there were still a few roles that needed to be filled! So... Shelly, Eliza, and I have joined in pretty much at the last minute. Yesterday was our very first practice--and the program is this weekend! Needless to say, we have a LOT to figure out between now and Saturday evening. :)

A scene from last year's drama -- 2009. 
I'm Mary, Shelly is the middle angel on the left,
and Eliza is the middle angel on the right. 
(Sorry... Had to blur our faces! :)

Oh! And I bet you'll NEVER guess what roles we're playing this year.

We're 'disguising' as three of the twelve disciples!!

...Shh!  It's a secret. ;-D
..
----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of what I've
been up to lately. Have a blessed Thursday, everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Katie said...

My sister and I are in our church's Christmas play, too this year. :) We're doing an interpretive dance with flags and pretty white costumes. It's a lot of fun!
I'm praying for you all and your dad.
Merry Christmas! :)

Katie

Shelly said...

I love this post, Tay! I would have to say the Nestle brand of instant hot cocoa is my fav. It's delish! ;)

Mmm hmm, we're having so much fun disguising as disciples! *evil laugh* :P

Oh, and yes, love the wise guys from The Nativity Story! I love how Balthasar is constantly saying, "If I'm correct- and I usually am-..." lol :D

Love you!!
Shelly

Holly said...

Looks like your Christmas plays are lots of fun! LOL at you disguising yourselves as the disciples. :)

Allison said...

You got to be Mary last year??? Cool! I always wanted to be Mary, and I ALWAYS got the part of the angel... :)
Alli
ps I think Nestle is better:)