Monday, March 7, 2011

Still Here!

My goodness.  I can't believe it's already been three weeks since my last post!  I'm so sorry for leaving you all without notice like that. As you probably guessed, blogging just hasn't been on my list of priorities these past couple of months... :-)

  First off, I thought I would let you all know that my dad is doing much better this year than he was this time last year. Praise the Lord! He's now had a total of four Tysabri treatments (once every four weeks) and each time he seems to do a little better. He hasn't had an exacerbation since the beginning of last November, which is a HUGE blessing from the Lord. His main trouble right now would probably be with his memory/his ability to remember things when he needs to. As far as motor skills go, he is doing extremely well. Sometimes I forget just how far he's come in the last few months. To think about how differently things were last summer-fall honestly gives me the chills. I could never thank God enough for faithfully sustaining my Daddy and my family during that time. :)

Psalm 145

"I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.

The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.
All your works praise you, LORD;
your faithful people extol you.
They tell of the glory of your kingdom
and speak of your might, so that all
people may know of your mighty acts
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through
all generations.

The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises
and faithful in all he does.
The LORD upholds all who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does.
The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
The LORD watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.

My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever."

Laughing w/ Dad and being silly on my 18th birthday. :)
Oh-so-very-thankful.

19 comments:

Haley said...

SO glad to hear your dad's doing so much better! :) Happy 2 month anniversary in your courtship!! :D

Jenna said...

How sweet! I am so glad to hear that you dad is doing better! I pray that the Lord will continue to heal him.
Waiting on God's timing is the best thing one could do. He has our lives planned out just right!

Many Blessings,
Jenna

anne said...

Ohhh wow! Congrats on two months!
Anne

Moriah Simonowich said...

Hi Taylor,

Beautiful update!!

I'm so glad that your daddy is doing better. :)

It must be such a joyous time experiencing your courtship journey...I'm so happy for both of you!

Have a lovely day!

Blessings,
Moriah

Moriah Simonowich said...

Your side quotes are so pretty with the different fonts and everything. :) I was wondering, would it be okay if I used some of them on my sidebar, and linked back to your blog?

Blessings!

<3 Your Sis in Christ,
Moriah

Taylor said...

Haley, Jenna, & Anne: Thank you so much for your precious comments! :)

-----------------------------------

Moriah: Aw, you are so sweet. I'd love for you to use my sidebar quotes on your blog! Oh, and you don't have to worry about linking back to me. You're totally free to take them! ;)

-----------------------------------

Blessings to you all!

-- Taylor

Moriah Simonowich said...

Thanks! ;)

child of God said...

Hi Taylor,
I am so glad to hear your dad is doing so much better!! Praise our God!! I am still praying often for him.

Congrats on 2 mths! Keep it based in God and you will be fine. :)

Blessings,
<><

Unworthy said...

Hello Taylor, I'm so gald to hear about your dad. Praise the Lord. I sometimes pray for him.
I'm soooooooooo excited for you!
pLEASE tell us how you met him, I wanna know :)

God bless and I will be praying more for you and your family!

Taylor said...

Child of God: Thank you so much for your prayers and congratulations! Yes, our courtship definitey is and will continue to be based upon the LORD! :)

-----------------------------------

Joelle: I'm so glad you're excited! ...My suitor and I go to church together, so that is where we met. ;-)

Thank you for praying too!!

-----------------------------------

Blessings,
-- Taylor

Lindsay said...

Oh, I really enjoyed your update, Taylor!! I am sooo happy to hear that your dad is doing so much better! That's wonderful. :) And congratulations on 2 months too! How exciting! :)

~ Love & Hugs,
Lindsay <3

Taylor said...

Thanks, Linds. ;-) Love you!

Allison said...

I'm SO happy your Dad is better! I've been praying for y'all:)
(with that y'all I feel Texan... *wink* :)
Congrat's on your 2 month anniversary!!! <3
Blessings! Alli

Taylor said...

Haha! *wink* lol ;-D Thanks Alli!!

Claire said...

Hi Taylor,

Just wondering if you're still blogging? You haven't posted for ages, and I just thought I'd ask how you were, and how your Dad is doing?

Love in Christ,
Claire

Unknown said...

Taylor! I've missed you. I hope everything is going well with you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I miss your posts too, Taylor!

Shamarah Sunshine said...

Tagged you!!!! But only if you have time, and want to. Don't feel pressured!!
Love you!!!
♥Shamarah

Anonymous said...

Taylor how are you? we miss you blogging and we hope everything is alright.


We are praying for you.


~In Christ~
The Jordan Sisters