Saturday, October 10, 2009

God's Amazing Grace

"...He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9, 10

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost but now am found

Was blind but now I see


T'was grace that taught my heart to fear

And grace my fears relieved

How precious did that grace appear

The hour I first believed


Through many dangers, toils, and snares

I have already come

T'was grace that brought me safe thus far

And grace will lead me home


The Lord has promised good to me

His word my hope secures

He will my shield and portion be

As long as life endures


When we've been there thousand years

Bright shining as the sun

We've no less days to sing God's praise

Than when we first begun


AMAZING GRACE HOW SWEET THE SOUND

THAT SAVED A WRETCH LIKE ME

I ONCE WAS LOST BUT NOW AM FOUND

WAS BLIND BUT NOW I SEE!

This is such a beautiful hymn with a whole lot of meaning. I just love to sing this song! Praise the Lord for His amazing grace. It truly is... amazing.

PRAISE THE LORD ALL THE EARTH! :)

Painting by Judy Gibson
Hymn by John Newton

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great verse and hymn, Taylor!! And I love that picture. It's so pretty! :)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Taylor said...

Thanks, Lindsay! :)

~Love,
Taylor