Thursday, March 11, 2010

All Ready for Spring! :)

We've been having such lovely weather these past couple of days... Sunny, cool, and not a cloud in the sky! I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to spring! It's one of my most favorite seasons. I love having all the windows open in the house and feeling the nice, gentle breeze come through. It makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book! And that's exactly what I've been doing this week. :) Wednesday we took a trip to the library--one of my favorite places. We hadn't been in a really long time so I was looking forward to finding a good read. I didn't actually have any particulars in mind, so I just headed over to the Christian section and started searching. I found three books that looked interesting and checked them out. I've only read one of them so far, and I really like it. The book is a sweet story set in the late 1800's. (It reminds me a lot of the "Love Comes Softly" series.)

Yesterday was a lovely day as well. I got to spend the afternoon out with my mom and we had a really nice time together. :) I even did a little bit of shopping! It's always hard for me to spend my money because everything is just so expensive these days. But I found a few items I liked at some really reasonable prices... and, well, I bought them! :D

Here's what I got...

A long, colorful dress with a cute pair of brown shoes to match. ;)
When I got home I found a nice top to fit underneath the dress... it matched perfectly!

(The book pictured is what I'm reading right now. :)
I also got a couple more pairs of shoes...
If you haven't noticed yet, these are my favorite kind of
shoes to buy--they're cute, comfy, and affordable... at only $15 each. :)

Anyway... Yesterday and today we've been doing some serious cleaning in preparation for starting the full diet/therapy we're on next Monday. We had to get a water distiller for our sinks and the only place for it to go was in the utility room. Therefore, we had to move our coats and boots out of there and into our newly cleaned-out pantry! Since we can't eat any pre-packaged or processed foods we had to get rid of a lot of stuff, which actually worked out nicely. Now, we are only using three shelves on the left side of the pantry for food and the right side is where all of our coats and jackets are now hanging--with the boots sitting underneath! ...I guess you could say we've been doing some "spring cleaning"! ;D

I just thought I'd share a bit of what's been going on this week.
...It looks like spring is just around the corner...
and when it gets here, I'll be ready! :)


(This is the gorgeous sunset we had last night.)

~ Have a blessed Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the dress, Taylor, and those shoes are ADORABLE!!! :D It's funny... me and my mom just went out shopping today, and I found a couple of cute skirts and tops. We weren't even planning on clothes shopping, but those kind of unexpected trips are the best! ;)

Oh, that sunset is beautiful!! Spring is in the air, and I'm so excited. :D Thanks for sharing about your week, dear friend!

~ Love,
Lindsay

P.S. - I got a letter in the mail for you ysterday, so you should get it soon! :)

Haley said...

It sound like ya'll had a lot of fun! :) The dress and shoes are super cute! I really like them!!

Love and hugs,
Haley

Leah said...

Ooh, how lovely. That dress looks really pretty. Perfect for spring. And I LOVE those shoes! Very beautiful!

You have good taste. :D

How neat! I might have to find that book. :)

~Leah

Taylor said...

Lindsay: Thank you!! I'm glad you like them. :) ...I can't wait to get your letter!

-----------------------------------

Haley: Yes, we had a lot of fun! ;) Thanks!

-----------------------------------

Leah: Thank you, too!! :D

-----------------------------------

~Love,
Taylor

Jennifer R said...

Awesome blog!!