Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Thank-You to Jesus

---------------------------------------------------------------------




              FROM:  Taylor
                            Daughter and servant of the Most High God
                           





TO: Jesus Christ
              My Savior and Redeemer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Lord,
King of kings, Counselor, Comforter, Keeper, Shepherd, Great High Priest, Jehovah-Jireh, Lord of lords, Almighty God, Prince of peace, the Author & Perfecter, Beginning & End, Alpha & Omega, Lamb of God, Yeshua Ha Mashiech,

Thank you...

For all that you are, and all that you do. 

I love you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I went through a somewhat scary situation that caused my adrenaline to rush like never before, and had me literally crying out to Jesus for help.  Never before had I needed to call on His name like that--but never before had I experienced the sweetness of His swift answer either.  As I prayed, I verbally pleaded, "JESUS!  In the name of JESUS!"  And immediately He was there.  The next words I spoke flowed so naturally from my mouth... "Thank you."  I had never said those two words before and meant them as sincerely as I did in that moment. 

Looking back now, I wouldn't trade the experience for the world--no matter how scary--because it taught me the meaning of true thankfulness.  I now understand (on some scale!) the overwhelming feeling of desperation and the even more overwhelming comfort of God's supernatural intervention.  And I'm so thankful to Him for that!  Praise the Lord!

I hope you all have been enjoying a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving!  Remember to thank God in EVERYTHING, and for EVERYTHING...  He is certainly worthy. :) 


"Give thanks in all circumstances
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:18

5 comments:

Allison said...

Hi Taylor!
I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving! We did:)
I just wanted you to know that I'm thankful for you! It is always so encouraging to read your blog, especially to see how you trust the LORD through everything, especially with your dad.

Praying for you! Blessings <3 Alli

child of God said...

What a beautiful post Taylor! I love it.
Thank you Father for being with Taylor during this scary moment in her young life. Thank you for letting her feel Your most amazing presence. You are AWESOME! Amen, in the name of Jesus, amen.

God Bless you dear,
<><

Taylor said...

Alli: Aww, this just made my day! You've been such a sweet and encouraging friend to me... I'm so thankful for you as well!!

Oh, and yes, we had a very nice Thanksgiving. I'm glad you did too! ;)

-----------------------------------

Child of God: Thank you so much for your sweet comment too... I really appreciate it! :)

-----------------------------------

Much love to you both,

Taylor

anna :) said...

aw, this is so sweet taylor! thanks for reminding me about giving thanks in ALL circumstances. i've been struggling with that lately :/

blessings always & forever,
anna :)

Chloe Hawes said...

Hello,
I thought I would let you knwo that I love your blog! Great pictures too.
Love In Christ,
Chloe~Jane
P.S Here is my blog:
http://lovinglife777.blogspot.com/