Monday, November 1, 2010

Read All About It!

In this post you will find a conglomeration of random topics including:

  • My feelings on the first of November.
  • A hospital update.
  • Mustard.
  • Femininity.
  • Laughter. 
  • And Scripture.
...All rolled into one...
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
...tee hee!


#1
It's officially November.

Yay!


#2

Update on Dad.
When I talked to my mom this evening she said my dad was feeling pretty good, which is a praise!  He is scheduled to have his last plasma exchange on Thursday, so we're hoping he'll get to come home sometime this weekend. :)

Also, everything is finally approved for Dad to begin his MS treatments. Once he's out of the hospital he will be able to start monthly infusions for a drug called Tysabri. We're praying that it helps to relieve him of all his exacerbations, but most of all that the Lord be glorified through it!


#3
Did You Know?
Mustard works nicely as a quick pain reliever for most burns.

Emphasis on the word "most" in that last sentence.  In a bit more severe case (such as the one pictured below) I've learned it really is quite pointless. lol!
.
(The above incident happened a few months ago. 
As I lifted a lid off a pan of boiling soup, the steam shot right out and burned my wrist!)


#4
Feelin' Feminine?
Eden is hosting this month's Feelin' Feminine Challenge, starting November 4th!

{Just click the button to find out more!}

I've loved getting to see past participant's outfits each day during the challenge, but I've never participated myself.  SoOo, I've decided I'm going to join in this Thursday!  Since I already wear skirts and dresses most of the time, this should be an easy challenge... But it will be a fun excuse to show a glimpse inside my wardrobe! ;-)


#5
Laughing Out Loud.
"Our mouths were filled with laughter..."  Psalm 126:2


Since Mom and Dad have been in the hospital, my sisters and I have slept in their bedroom together for the last few nights.  Well, before we went to sleep yesterday we all took turns praying, and then turned out the lights and lay down.  After a few minutes of complete darkness and silence... Shelly busted out laughing!  I looked over at her and said, "What are you laughing about?!"  She responded by mimicking a funny noise I had made earlier that day.  You see, Eliza and Samantha were watching a movie while Shelly and I tried to take a nap that afternoon.  As the two of us were lying in the bed, I had noticed something on my blanket that looked like a spider.  I sat up quickly and realized it was only some black string.  The room was completely quiet as I dropped back down on my pillow with an accidentally strange, high-pitched sigh of relief
Needless to say, that's what got her rolling with laughter at 10:00 last night.  And once she started laughing, I started laughing.  We ended up sharing the story with Eliza and Samantha.  Then all four of us were laughing and mimicking the same "funny noise" over and over. 

Okay, I guess you had to be there. ;-)

 

#6
Random Bible Verse to Close

When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion,
we were like those who dreamed.
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
“The LORD has done great things for them.”
The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Restore our fortunes, LORD,
like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow with tears
will reap with songs of joy.
Those who go out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with them.
Psalm 126


...........................................
Praise the Lord all the earth!
...........................................

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved your post, Taylor! Sounds like you and your sisters have lots of fun together! I'm happy that your Dad is feeling better...I hope that he continues to improve so he can come home and be with y'all.

Thanks for writing about the femininity challenge coming up. It's going to be plenty of fun!

Anyway, I'd like to say that I really appreciate the lovely comment you left on my blog yesterday. I really loved reading it...and comments like yours encourage me to continue blogging. ;)

Hope you have a blessed day!

P.S. That Scripture passage is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your Dad every day. I really hope the new drug will help him start to feel better.

And I didn't know about the mustard thing!

Emily

Haley said...

What a fun post! :)

I'm praying for your family and dad everyday!

I know, I'm so glad it's November!! :D

Love the scripture you chose!

Lots of love,
Haley

Mrs. G said...

If you get burned in the future, black tea works well for pain as does camphor. Also, if you shut the air off from the burn the pain eases a lot. I have enjoyed looking around your blog. Blessings.
Mrs. G

Taylor said...

Mrs. G: Thanks for the tip! ;) I'm glad you've enjoyed looking at my blog.

Blessings,
-- Taylor