Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings

Thank You, Lord, for Your Blessings on Me

As the world looks upon me as I struggle along
They say I have nothing, but they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing, how I wish they could see
Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me

CHORUS:
There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
and shoes on my feet
You gave me Your love, Lord
and a fine family
Thank you, Lord, for Your blessings on me

I know I'm not wealthy and these clothes are not new
I don't have much money, but Lord, I have You
And to me You're all that matters tho' the world may not see
Thank you, Lord, for Your blessings on me


Let us remember to glorify our mighty God with thanksgiving as we celebrate this special holiday tomorrow. I pray you have a very blessed day with family and friends, everyone! God bless you!


"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30


Song by: Steve Easter

7 comments:

Chloƫ said...

I've never heard that song before, but it's perfect for this holiday!!! Thanks for sharing it Taylor. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. You have a great thanksgiving too! :)

Hannah said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. We have SO much to be thankful for!!
~Hannah

Tessa Voccola said...

Pretty song!

Anonymous said...

Taylor, since you didn't tell everyone this, I will. Taylor wrote an extra verse for this song which I think makes it even better:

Now the greatest blessing, that surpasses them all
Christ died to save us, and tore down that wall
Of separation from God so that we could believe
And thank you, Lord, for your blessings on me.

Love,

Mom

Lindsay said...

That's a great song, Taylor! Thanks for posting it.

I hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving!! :)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Taylor said...

Yes, thank you Mommy! :) I love you!!

~Taylor

Oh, and thank you for your sweet comments, everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

I like the words to that song!
I wish I knew the tune.
I Love to sing to my maker
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
~Grace