Monday, November 2, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook--Entry #21


















Today...
November 2, 2009

Outside my window...
Bright and sunny--not a cloud in the sky!

I'm thinking...
I hope the weather stays this way for awhile. We've definitely had plenty of rain!

I'm thankful for...
My loving, hard-working parents! They do so much for us and often we don't realize just how much they do!

I'm wearing...
My pajamas! :)

I'm reading...
The Bible, The Cross and the Switchblade, Pictures of Hollis Woods, The Story of Christianity, Adventuring Through the Bible, & More Than a Carpenter

I am creating...
Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

One of my favorite things...
Drinking a banana smoothie!! (Just blend 1 banana, 3 ice cubes, some milk... and v'oila!) I love it!

For education this week...
Bible/apologetics; History of God's kingdom; Literature; Language arts; Biology; Algebra.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...
Same as usual: Cooking, baking, cleaning, babysitting!

A spiritual lesson I'm learning...
To continue to put my trust in God, and praying prayers with complete faith in the Lord that they will be answered--to have big faith in God!

A godly character trait I plan to work on...
Faithfulness and prayer

Scripture I am memorizing...
This week: Matthew 1:21; Mark 10:45; Luke 19:10 (for school) :)

I am praying for...
My family, my Dad to be healed, our church's Christmas program, and lots of other things, too!

For the rest of this week...
Schoolwork, Dad's PET scan today, some other appt. tomorrow, church, and work.

A picture I'd like to share...



This is a hawk that got into our chicken pen quite a few weeks ago. No, he didn't harm any chickens! :)
(To find out more about how you can participate in a Young Maiden's Daybook, click HERE.)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Taylor,
I really enjoyed your daybook!

The banana smoothie sounds great. How much milk do you use? I might just have to try that, because it sounds so easy and healthy. ;)

Oh, that is a very interesting picture. I'm glad the hawk didn't harm any of your chickens!

~ Love and Blessings,
Lindsay

P.S. - I'm planning on getting your letter out in the mail tomorrow, just so you know. :)

Emily said...

Silly hawk!
I love cloudless skies. :-)
Blessings!

Taylor said...

Lindsay: I never have measured how much milk I use... I just "guesstimate"! LOL! I'd say it's somewhere between 1 - 1 1/2 cups, though. (Depending on how big the banana!) :) Can't wait to get your letter!

-----------------------------------

Emily: I know, I love cloudless skies too!! Thanks for the comment!

-----------------------------------

~Love,
Taylor