Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God's Providence

Do we really understand what all that includes? In our class at church on Wednesday evenings we've been studying the entirety (or trying to!) of God's everlasting providence. It's an amazing thing to study up on and if you haven't I encourage you to do so. We've discussed his providence over things such as our salvation, nature, animals, man's heart, timing, leadership, nations, people, places, things, and evil. Yes, God's providence over evil. That's been a tough one to understand... but it's true! He is sovereign and he is in control of all things including evil. And as strange as it sounds, it's comforting to know that he is the one who creates and causes all of it! "Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?" -Lamentations 3:38 "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." -Isaiah 45:7 You see! But the thing I have to say gets me the most is his perfect timing. It truly is perfect! Just looking back on any day, you can see where one delay or one moment sooner and everything would have been a disaster! It's mind boggling to me! He is so intricate and cares so deeply about each detail of our lives. I do believe that everything that happens in my life has a purpose and all works towards his glory. I'm so thankful to have a God so caring and so close as a friend. I cannot describe to you the love I have for my Savior when thinking about such things! My love continues to grow!

No comments: