Monday, March 9, 2009

Sayings from the Wise?!?

In honor of my Dad, I thought it would be fun to post different little "sayings" we've heard him say through the years. There are so many, I probably won't list them all!

What did George Washington say before he crossed the Deleware? He says this many times as we are getting into the truck, and we girls respond: Get in the boat men!

A.B.B.A. (Already Been Breathed Air) He is sure to let us no when we're too close to his "breathing space"! He just cries out with this abbreviation! :)

Shadrach, Meshach, and to-bed-you-go! This wasn't one we enjoyed hearing quite so much!

Jeet' yet? Naw. Yo'nt to? Ite.

I feel like I do now more than I did then.

Boats were made to float, not sink. -You see some of his wisdom coming out here! LOL

Punch it Margaret! (My parents say it's from an old commercial.)

I'm starvin' Marvin, full like a bull, thick as a tick, and stuck like Chuck. ...He likes to rhyme! :)

I've got three words for ya: ty - pi - cal.

Even fish stay out of trouble if they keep their mouths shut. (Fishing analogy. Ty-pi-cal. He likes to fish!)

I'm exhauscapated!

NOW... for some wisdom:

"Let no unwholesome talk proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification, according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear."
Ephesians 4:29 He really does like to quote this often! How funny that it somewhat applies to our subject!

Thank you, Daddy, for all that you are and all that you do! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, wise father. I love you, Taylor

No comments: