Monday, March 2, 2009

My Statement of Faith

I believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus Christ, born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, dead, buried, and rose again on the third day. Jesus paid the penalty for our sin and took the punishment that we deserve. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:23-24) Redemption comes wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace. We are not deserving of eternal life and we are incapable of attaining it on our own. There is no way we could ever be good enough to earn forgiveness of sins, or achieve eternal life by our own works. I believe that it does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. (Romans 9:16) I believe that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1) I believe in the Bible as God’s holy word. That all Scripture is God-breathed, and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16) I believe in the Word of God as the final authority over our lives. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (John 1:1-3) I believe that there will be a resurrection of both the saved and the lost to either eternal life or eternal judgment. I believe that a true child of God, who is justified by the blood of Christ and sealed by the Holy Spirit, has the promise of eternal life. And last but not least, I believe in the glorious return of our Savior and the rapture of his church, that he will subsequently return to reign over the earth!

“Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End”… He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people. Amen.(Revelation 22:12, 20-21)

No comments: