Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fathers ARE Priceless


I just visited the blog site of Tara and Kelly Riddell at Daughters of Vision and saw the sweet post Tara had published about her father. I thought that was such a blessing considering what's going on with our family right now.


Just yesterday we found out that my Dad has a small tumor in his brain. He went to the emergency room yesterday because he was experiencing stroke-like symptoms (slurred speach, unable to write clearly, "wobbliness", etc.) The symptoms actually started last Sunday, but they just continued to progress. Needless to say, we were all quite shocked when the doctors found out about the tumor.


Anyway, reading Tara's blog inspired and encouraged me. I want to take the opportunity to say how much I love and appreciate the wonderful, godly father God gave me. I am so blessed to have the beautiful parents that I do and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I praise God for their steadfast love and faithfulness toward Him. They are both bright and beautiful lights shining in such a dark world, and for that I will forever be grateful to my heavenly Father! I am so grateful that they are MY parents!


Thank you Mommy and Daddy for all that you are and all that you do. I love you both more than you'll ever know.
(This is a large cross my Dad put up at our place. It stands on our tank dam.)
"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 5:10-11
"Be grateful for your fathers girls... they truly are priceless!" -From Tara's blog

No comments: