Monday, April 20, 2009

A Young Maiden's Daybook--Entry #7

Good afternoon, everyone!

This will be the first time I have two daybook entries in a row! Sorry about that. Hopefully I will be able to post more this week. I didn't realize I neglected my blog for so long! LOL!

Enjoy the rest of your day! God bless you all.


















Today...


April 20, 2009


Outside my window...


It's bright and sunny with no clouds in the sky!


I am thinking...


About what I need to get done for a school project I'm working on.


I am thankful for...


God's greatness!


I am wearing...


A long black skirt with large pink flowers and a pink shirt


I am reading...


The Bible, The Story of the Von Trapp Family Singers, Love's Enduring Promise (still!), The Bible Jesus Read, Out of the Dust, and Christy


I am creating...


A notebook I titled "The Time of the Holocaust--1933-1945" It will have different collections of mini reports, pictures, facts, testimonies, etc. from that time period. I'm also planning to include some different stories and documents from when my Dad's grandfather was captured as a POW. He was even in the "The Shoe Leather Express (the Death March)". Yes, he was a survivor. Anyway, that should be interesting!


One of my favorite things...


Worhsipping the Lord in song!


For education this week...


In-depth US history, physical science, Bible, literature, math, Spanish, ASL, and we're also participating in a 6-week, small unit study on the Holocaust.


A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...


Cooking, baking and the family budget


A spiritual lesson I am learning...


About the third fruit of the Spirit: Peace.


A godly character trait I plan to work on...


Being a servant and a witness.


Scripture I am memorizing...


Galatians


I am praying for...


God to strengthen my family to accomplish His will in our life. We're standing firm. We're standing up. Lord, may we not grow weary in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. (Gal 6:9) ...Looking forward to seeing that promise fulfilled!


For the rest of this week...


Schoolwork, chores, church, supposed to be going w/ grandparents for chemo. (But I'm guessing his platelets will be low. They usually are every other time, which means we have to wait until next week.)


A picture I'd like to share...

I just saw this picture of our barn and thought it looked pretty neat. The formation of the clouds for some reason reminded me of "the clouds be rolled back as a scroll..." from the song "It is Well". I guess it's because of the way the front looks like it's being "rolled back" maybe... I don't know! That's just what popped into my head when I saw it!
If you would like to find out more about participating in A Young Maiden's Daybook, click HERE.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That's such a neat picture, Taylor! Thanks for sharing it. :)

Many Blessings,
Lindsay